The building illustrated was designed by Alexander Lauder of Barnstaple (1836-1921), who had also designed a number of other Wesleyan chapels.
The foundation stone was laid on 15 May 1869, with address by Rev. W. Harley of Addingham and Rev T. James of Halifax. Of the estimated cost of £2,100, £1,500 had been raised by this point. The chapel opened at Easter 1871
Built to seat 500, at the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 450. It was demolished in 1974
More details of the story of Silsden Methodism are available online. From the photo on this site, Mr Lauder’s design appears to have been toned down.
Grid Ref: SE043465
Reference: The fifteenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1869 page 117
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947
Bradford Observer May 20 1869, p3