Kirby Lonsdale WM Chapel was erected in 1835. An extension was built in 189.…. and there have been substantial extensions in recent times. There were 200 sittings in 1873. In 1940 the chapel had sittings for 200 in pews and there was a schoolroom and one other room. It continues in use as a Methodist place of worship.
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917Cumbria Archives Service , Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97, Carlisle District property schedules, 1862-1877;
Wesleyan seating returns, 1873
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Site visit 13 April 2016