Helton Chapel was built of stone in1868 at a cost of £178.14.11. In 1873 it had 120 sittings. By 1940 these had been reduced to 95 in pews.
It closed sometime after 1990. Its present (June 2015) use is unclear but probably residential.
(Wesleyan seating returns, 1873; Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM/1/2/82-97; Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991)