Bowness on Windermere, Bank Road, WM Chapel, Westmorland
Grid ref SD346973
Bowness WM Chapel was erected in 1859 at a cost of £500. The site measured 44 feet by 48 feet and cost £66. There were 134 sittings in 1873. By 1883 it was considered to be too small and it was closed when the new chapel was built. It was sold for £425. The building was extant in 1983 when it was being used as a decorator’s workshop. An image in the centenary booklet shows that it stood side on to the highway and had round headed windows. It was built of local stone and had substantial masonry quoins.
Cumbria Archives Service , Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97 Carlisle District property schedules, 1862-1877
Wesleyan seating returns, 1873
Carlisle Library 1A287 Bowness Methodist Church, 1883 – 1883