The building illustrated, in the Falmouth Circuit, was designed by James Hicks of Redruth, and opened in 1878.
James Hicks FRIBA, MSA (1846-1896) was a prominent Redruth architect, whose work is common in the town.
The chapel is listed Grade II.
At the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 665, and in 1970 the capacity was still 400. Perranwell is quite a small settlement, and now has a united Church, meeting in the parish church building.
Grid Ref: SW776395
References: The twenty-sixth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1880 page 134
1940 Statistical returns
1970 returns of accommodation