Chynhale, or Trevarno, chapel was designed by James Hicks of Redruth, and opened in 1879.
James Hicks, FRIBA, MSA (1846-1896) was a prominent Reduth architect, whose work included a number of Wesleyan chapels.
At the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 250, which was reduced to 170 by 1970. It closed as a Methodist church on 5th April 2015, but as a Grade II listed building is still standing.
Grid Ref: SW642309
Reference: The twenty-sixth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1880 page 141
1940 Statistical Reurns
1970 Returns of Accommodation