The building illustrated was designed by Wilson, Willcox and Wilson, of Bath, a practice which specialised in Wesleyan chapels.
A contemporary account in The Building News states that the chapel is cruciform in plan, and Early Decorated Gothic in style. A prominent feature is the tower and spire, rising to a height of 12 feet. The internal measuremnets were 77 by 45 feet, with galleries on three sides and five distinct entrances. It was built to seat 800.
At the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 850. The church closed in 1993, and was eventually sold for redevelopment in 2012.
The twenty-fourth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1878 page 143
The Building News and Engineering Journal. Vol. 35, 1878 p492