Milnthorpe, Haverflatts Lane WM rented preaching place, Westmorland

Grid ref SD499817

By GW Oxley

The Wesleyans started using this former Independent Chapel around 1870 and remained there until their new chapel opened on 1904. There were 126 sittings in 1873. The  building is now in residential use.

Sources

Wesleyan seating returns, 1873

Heritage plaque on Milnthorpe Beetham Road Chapel

Site visit 15 April 2016

Photo:Milnthorpe, Haverflatts Lane WM Chapel, from west, 15 April 2016

Milnthorpe, Haverflatts Lane WM Chapel, from west, 15 April 2016

G W Oxley

Photo:Milnthorpe, Haverflatts Lane WM Chapel, from east 15 April 2016

Milnthorpe, Haverflatts Lane WM Chapel, from east 15 April 2016

G W Oxley

Photo:Milnthorpe, Haverflatts Lane WM Chapel, porch, 15 April 2016

Milnthorpe, Haverflatts Lane WM Chapel, porch, 15 April 2016

G W Oxley

This page was added by GW Oxley on 22/04/2016.