Foulsyke WM Chapel, Cumberland

Grid ref NY134493

By GW Oxley

Photo:Foulsyke WM Chapel from south 8.5.2016

Foulsyke WM Chapel from south 8.5.2016

G W Oxley

Foulsyke Chapel was built of brick in 1899 The church measured 42 feet by 18 feet. An American organ was installed in 1907. The chapel  had 120 sittings in 1911 and  1940 and there were no other rooms. It was open with 100 sittings in 1991. It was subsequently closed and is now in residential use.

Sources

Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM  District property schedules, 1898-1917

Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle, Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM2/20 circuit amalgamation papers, 1940

 

Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM9/9 Seating returns for 1911

Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991

Site visit 8th May 2016

Photo:Foulsyke WM Chapel from north 8.5.2016

Foulsyke WM Chapel from north 8.5.2016

G W Oxley

This page was added by GW Oxley on 14/05/2016.